Austin City Limits

Avery Stites, Staff

As the countdown for Austin City Limits comes to an end, Quinn Sullivan, junior, begins to pack his bags. Sullivan is going to the ACL music festival during weekend one, October 6th-8th, along with 4 of his best friends. Sullivan has had this trip planned since he bought his ticket in May, 5 months ago.

“I chose to go to ACL this year because the previous year I went,” Sullivan said, “the weekend left me feeling like I was floating! I wanted to experience that type of amazing happiness again and see artists that I love performing live! I also wanted to go and be able to describe myself with my clothing and be able to wear something I wouldn’t normally wear.”

Sullivan is most excited to get a break from reality and be stress free for a weekend.

“I’m so excited to get a break from school and listen to some of my favorite songs with my best friends! I’m also excited for the food and to spend the weekend in the gorgeous city of Austin!”

Sullivan even went vegan and got a trainer to make sure his body looks the best it possibly can this coming weekend.

“I went vegan because I knew it would help me lose weight and feel better about myself,” Sullivan said. “I got a trainer and I’ve been working out with him every day after school for about a month now. I feel great about myself and can’t wait to look good at ACL.”

Sullivan likes many of the artists performing at ACL, but he’s most excited to see the band, Foster the People, and the DJ, Louis The Child.

“I’m the most excited to see Foster the People and Louis the Child,” Sullivan said. “I’m especially excited for Louis the Child because my sisters and I would blast their music in my car on summer nights and just drive around, and I can’t believe I get to see them live and not just hear them from the speakers in my car!”