Boys Basketball Beats Rowe

Photo Credit: @RamJrCastillo/ Twitter

Meredith Garcia, Staff

Friday Jan. 20 the basketball team played a very exciting game against the Rowe Warriors.

The team was considered the underdogs in the game due to Rowe being second in district, however the players came out with strong strong start and were ahead by halftime.

In the second half, the team only scored 18 points but the Warriors scored 27 points.

“By the third quarter we kind of relaxed and let our guard down,” Will Garcia (12), a center said.

However due to their strong start, players were able to work together and beat the Warriors.

The team beat Rowe on their home court with a score of 44-42. They lead the whole way with a close ending but players held strong and didn’t let up.

“It was challenging, but with the help of my team we pulled through,” Garcia said.

“Next time we won’t let our guard down but finish the game strong. Just because we are ahead doesn’t mean we are going to win,” Garcia continued.

Despite their losses in the past, this game has lifted their spirits and encouraged them to work even harder. Their next rival game is against McHi on Jan. 31 at McHi.

Garcia says they have been practicing plays and watching films for their upcoming game against Mchi.

“We hope everyone can come out and support us as we play against the bulldogs [McHi], it should be a very good and intense game,” Garcia said.